You are here
Key facts and value proposition
We specialise in providing insurance and reinsurance cover to businesses and insurance companies. We focus on quality of execution and service with the objective of meeting our business partners' risk management needs.
We are always pleased to explain how Advent operates. Please contact us if you would like to know more. Here are some key facts:
- Advent operates as a specialty focussed business through Syndicate 780 at Lloyd's.
- We are proud to offer London Market brokers and Coverholders a compelling value proposition with;
- Long term capital strength and capital strength and market commitment
- Swift access to empowered decision makers by virtue of our scale and ownership structure
- Proactive client led solutions delivering revenue enhancement and account development opportunities for brokers
- Superior service and breadth of non-underwriting services across pricing, actuarial, binder management, conduct risk, claims, exposure management and data analysis
- A Global network of (re) insurance capacity, licenses, emerging market opportunity and expertise from the Fairfax network of companies
- Our claims team operate a service that is consistently above the Lloyd's market benchmark for response.
- Advent has been operating since 1974 via Syndicate 780, making us one of the longest established Lloyd's Syndicates.
- Although historically known as a reinsurance company, Advent now writes a majority of its business in specialty insurance classes.
- Advent is part of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, a financial services holding company based in Toronto. In 2016 Fairfax group companies wrote over $9.5bn of gross premium with a combined ratio of 92.5%